Stolen bike

Noah Roberts

Aug 16, 2012, 11:44:48 PM8/16/12
to cubik...@googlegroups.com
Hey all, just a request that you keep an eye out for my bike which was stolen from my work (big grove tavern) on Tuesday. It was a brown 61 CM Surly Steamroller with a stronglight forged track crank and 32 hole Paul hubs laced to non machined black velocity deep Vs with knobby Vittoria 30s. It had chopped flat bars with Salsa grips, Thompson seatpost/stem, San Marco Rolls saddle, clear poly Shimano BMX pedals with wide Origin 8 yellow straps.

Andrei Nistor

Aug 17, 2012, 12:08:49 AM8/17/12
to cubik...@googlegroups.com
Major bummer man... I'll keep an eyebolt

Sorry to hear

Andrei Nistor

Ryan ONeill

Aug 17, 2012, 6:08:57 AM8/17/12
to cubik...@googlegroups.com
Noah,

I think it's appealing and awful that that had happened.  You just built that thing and I can tell you were proud to ve riding it. I'll be sure to brutally punish the motherfucker who did it, it I happen to see it. Like strategically plan and indulge in the violent event.

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone

Noah Roberts

Sep 5, 2012, 3:09:10 AM9/5/12
to cubik...@googlegroups.com
MY BIKE HAS BEEN RECOVERED!!! Kyle French texted me this morning when
he thought he glimpsed it on Craigslist. Sure enough there it is over
in Urbana! I went and filed a police report immediately and the
officer suggested (to my utter delight) that we set up a sting. My
roommate helped me lure the guy to the Union where there to meet him
were two of University PD's finest and myself sporting a wider grin
than should be humanly possible.

Additionally, I will have a chance to press charges against shady
scrapyards/employees that knowingly buy stolen bikes (by this moron's
own admission to the police!) AND the particular asshole who has
stolen/delivered countless stolen bikes to area scrapyards (since
scrap sellers must have IDs). We have a chance to stop this from
happening to someone else...maybe even one of you! So THANK YOU all
for looking out for each other, particularly Kyle, whom I now owe
several beers.
Keep on pedaling!

Douglas

Sep 5, 2012, 2:11:17 PM9/5/12
to cubik...@googlegroups.com
That's awesome, glad you found your bike!

Sent from Fresh's iPhone