Foundation - Why : mission, goals
I'd like to initiate this discussion around a CubicERP foundation by what seems to me the most important point : why creating this foundation ?
I'd like to debate some points :
To me, it should be valuable to have as a first goal to promote CubicERP and its development worldwide, as an 100% open source (FLOSS) all in one business solution.
Promotion is large. To be more specific :
* Community organization by creating a website, community forums, mailing lists etc.
* Marketing with website, promotion material, demo etc.
- Help on community events : crowdfunding, developer meetups, functional meetups...
First, I guess we may have two main financial sources :
1. Membership from individuals
2. Sponsoring / membership from companies, with minimum contribution and multiple levels (fixed prices or maybe stepped on yearly revenue in dollars) and in return promotion on foundation website (members directory).
Mid / long term
The foundation may be able to take care of :
* documentation ;
* training and certification ;
* organization of code sprint, functional and technical teams.
But, as it is a lot of work, I guess it will be hard without dedicated employee(s).