[Foundation]The how, internal organization in debate

fbour...@yaltik.com

Feb 15, 2018, 12:27:37 PM2/15/18
to Cubic ERP
# Foundation - The how, internal organization

Second thread after the why, the how. Here I find it interesting to debate the wished internal organization of the foundation : real and legal one. I will be very short on that because I want to gather reactions before going further.

## Inspirations

It should be a good thing to have a look on what comparable foundations have done. I think about OCA - The Odoo Community Association [1] and the ERPNext Foundation [2].

1 : https://odoo-community.org/page/organization
2 : https://erpnext.org/about

## Juridical side

It seems clear that the foundation, as named, must be a non-profit entity. Country of creation will endorse many things but we have time to decide that point.

## Organization and governance

I'm not sure a classical organization, with a president, a secretary and a treasurer is required. We may imagine usage of committees. But it will really depends how many people will be interested. We may have a first version of legal status, simplified, before a more complex and complete ones.

I'm in favor of open governance with transparency and democracy. We may set up projects, supervisors and tasks to achieve, leveraging our own project management system.