facts table with array data

Seth P

Dec 27, 2016, 2:45:50 PM12/27/16
to Cubes
I have a table of two-dimensional data, which rather than being stored as rows of
(a):  <dim1>, <dim2>, <fact>
is stored as rows of
(b):  <dim1>, <facts>
where <facts> is an array (Oracle VARRAY, which SQLAlchemy can read nicely; some of whose entries may be NULL/None) of length n, the number of dimension-2 values (i.e. the number of entries in a dim_dimension2 table). In case it matters, n is on the order of 100.

Obviously I could transform the data to be of form (a), but that would consume an extra ~100GB and slow down queries, so I'd rather avoid that if possible.

I don't suppose there's a way to get Cubes to properly interpret such data? Would it be possible to add such functionality?