Superset and Cubes have complementary goals, while Superset is focused on Presentation
Cubes provides the underlying Model and View layer.
# What is superset (in a nutshell)?
Superset is a modern, enterprise-ready business intelligence web application
Superset's main goal is to make it easy to slice, dice and visualize data.
Superset was originally designed on top of Druid.io, but quickly broadened its scope
to support other databases through the use of SQLAlchemy,
a Python ORM that is compatible with most common databases.
# Why Cubes for Superset?
Currently Superset does only support OLAP Cubes on top of Druid.io and `raw SQLAlchemy`.
# What would be the advantages for Cubes?
- An out of the box powerful visualization solution.
- Access to the huge and growing Superset community
- Increased visibility which may attract more contributors to cubes
# What are the advantages for Superset?
- access to an opensource lightweight (R)OLAP server built in python
(which seems an ideal match as Superset itself is built in python)
- support OLAP out of the box without the need for Druid.io
# Where to start an integration?
are examples for Druid and SqlAlchemy connectors.
Superset Connectors seem a to be good match to be built with Expressions