In place operations

Shahar

Jun 2, 2014, 9:43:45 AM6/2/14
to cub-...@googlegroups.com
Hey

I'd like to know whether or not CUB library support in place operation ?

I'm using the

cub::DeviceSelect::Flagged operation.

I'd like to know if the input and output variable can be the same array

Thanks in advence

Duane Merrill

Jun 13, 2014, 2:06:22 PM6/13/14
Yes, you can!  Thanks for asking about this; I forgot to add in-place operation as a "feature" of
  • cub::DeviceScan
  • cub::DeviceSelect
  • cub::DeviceReduce::ReduceByKey
  • cub::DeviceReduce::RunLengthEncode
It is not true for
  • cub::DevicePartition

I will update the doc for the next release.

Cheers,

Duane

Shang-Yi Yang

Mar 28, 2015, 2:35:57 AM3/28/15
to cub-...@googlegroups.com
Does the newest release still support in-place operations for these functions?

Thanks,

Nick

Duane Merrill於 2014年6月14日星期六 UTC+8上午2時06分22秒寫道:

Vincent Roberge

Jun 12, 2019, 3:39:56 PM6/12/19
to cub-users
This addition to the documentation has not been done. It would be important to do it as in-place operation are important to limit memory usage, but we cannot use them if we are not sure they are supported. Thank you in advance.

Vincent