Is Cub sort stable?

Oren Tropp

Jul 18, 2017, 4:33:06 AM7/18/17
to cub-users
I am using device sort by key. It is not explicitly said that cub sort by key is a stable sort (i.e. values that have the same key remain in the original order). It seems to be stable (wrote a test to verify), but I am afraid of freak cases.
Can someone confirm that the algorithm is stable?
Thanks.

Duane Merrill III

Jul 23, 2017, 10:52:10 AM7/23/17
to Oren Tropp, cub-users
Hi Oren,

It is a stable sort. (Stability is a necessary property of for the proper operation of the least-significant-digit radix sorting algorithm that it implements.)

Cheers,

Duane

--
http://nvlabs.github.com/cub