Update from the WDC

Jon Pollak

Feb 3, 2014, 4:10:40 PM2/3/14
to cuahsi-wds-us...@googlegroups.com
Dear HIS Users,

The Water Data Center has completed the deployment of HIS Central to the Azure cloud. The three most noticeable changes are:
  1. Authentication now uses OpenID: You can now use your Google account to log on to HIS Central! If you have registered data services, you should have received an email from me with a link to migrate ownership of your services. If you did not, please let me know.
  2. Faster search results: Cloud deployment is already demonstrating its benefits through increased search speed in our clients like HydroDesktop.
  3. Metrics Logging: We are now logging metrics using a different system, which we hope will be more accessible. Unfortunately, this necessitates an update of everyone’s live HydroServer software. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me (jpo...@cuahsi.org)

Cheers,
Jon