2013 CUAHSI Conference on Hydroinformatics & Modeling

Jon Pollak

Apr 17, 2013, 10:20:14 AM4/17/13
to cuahsi-wds-us...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

Registration and abstract submission is now open for the 2013 CUAHSI Conference on Hydroinformatics & Modeling to be held July 17-19 at Utah State University. Please see below for more information...We hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Jon

Registration and Abstract Submission is now open for the 2013 CUAHSI Conference on Hydroinformatics and Modeling.

CUAHSI is hosting a conference on Hydrologic Information Systems and Modeling for researchers to showcase advances in hydrologic information system and modeling technology and their use to advance hydrologic science. Contributions are solicited on scientific progress enabled through the use of advanced information systems and models. The conference will include technical sessions on hydrologic information systems and hydrologic modeling and hands-on training and workshops to introduce the community to the services provided by the new CUAHSI Water Data Center.

Who Should Attend?

Researchers: Data discovery, analysis, and science enabled by information systems

Educators: Uses of water data for teaching

Modelers: Coupling models and data from multiple sources

Data Publishers: Organizing, storing, and making data available to others

Developers: Creating tools and contributing to the future of hydrologic information systems

Planned Topics Include:

  • Earth System Modeling
  • Semantics and Ontology
  • Data Interoperability with the Earth System
  • Data and Information Systems in Hydrologic Education
  • Programming Hydrologic Information Systems
  • Data Publication and Data Citation
  • Workflows
  • HPC and Cloud Computing
  • Sensor Networking and Telemetry
  • Emerging Technologies for Hydrologic Field Data Capture

Register today!

Shahidul Islam

Apr 17, 2013, 11:41:39 PM4/17/13
to cuahsi-wds-us...@googlegroups.com

Can anybody point me to tutorials/materials that will explain how to run ODM on mySQL? Also, is there any ODM data loading types application available for importing data from text file into the MySQL ODM database?

I appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks

Shahidul

Mohammad Shahidul Islam, Ph.D., P.E.

Research Assistant Professor

Clarkson University

8 Clarkson Ave.

Potsdam, New York 13699-5764

Jiří Kadlec

Apr 18, 2013, 4:52:17 AM4/18/13
to cuahsi-wds-us...@googlegroups.com
Hello Shahidul,
You can try the open-source software HydroServer Lite.
It is a web-based (php) version of HydroServer available on http://hydroserverlite.codeplex.com/
It uses the MySQL ODM schema and also has an 'import data file" function.

regards,
Jiri Kadlec
--
Jiří Kadlec
Research Assistant

Shahidul Islam

Apr 18, 2013, 11:16:00 AM4/18/13
to cuahsi-wds-us...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for the information on the HydroServer Lite. Is there any application similar to  ODM data loader/streamer available for this system?

Thanks

Shahidul

Mohammad Shahidul Islam, Ph.D., P.E.

Research Assistant Professor

Clarkson University

8 Clarkson Ave.

Potsdam, New York 13699-5764

Jeff Horsburgh

Apr 18, 2013, 11:55:10 AM4/18/13
to cuahsi-wds-us...@googlegroups.com
Shahidal,

Just a couple of clarifications for anyone that may be following the list.  On the main HydroServer Codeplex site (http://hydroserver.codeplex.com) there is a download for a MySQL Version of the ODM relational schema.  It is a MySQL Dump script that when executed on a database in MySQL generates all of the tables, relationships, etc.  Documentation for how to use it can be found at the following page (see Getting Started with ODM for MySQL).

Unfortunately, at this time the ODM data loaders available on the HydroServer Codeplex site only work with Microsoft SQL Server databases.  We don't currently have anyone working on a version of the data loaders that would work with MySQL, but we are currently working on a new version of ODM Tools that is written in Python and does support connections to SQL Server and MySQL.  Once this is complete, we will reassess the data loaders.  As always, everything on the HydroServer Codeplex site is open source.

Jeffery S. Horsburgh

Utah Water Research Laboratory

Utah State University

8200 Old Main Hill

Logan, UT 84322-8200

Phone: (435) 797-2946  Fax: (435) 797-3663

jeff.ho...@usu.edu   http://jeffh.usu.edu

Shahidul Islam

Apr 18, 2013, 12:12:10 PM4/18/13
to cuahsi-wds-us...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the useful information. It will help.