CK community news

Grigori Fursin

May 19, 2021, 9:38:18 AM5/19/21
to Collective Knowledge, ctuning-discussions
Hi everyone,

Monthly news from the CK community:
  • CK framework version 2.x is using Apache 2.0 license based on the open questionnaire and the feedback from our users.
  • Note that version 2.x is not a long-awaited redesign of the CK framework but reflects the change in the license and incorporates many small updates and fixes based on user suggestions. The major redesign is in progress - please stay tuned for more details.
  • The latest version 2.1.0 introduces a basic concept of inheritance to reduce large JSON meta files using the following key: "_base_entry":"{module}:{data}".This key will force CK to pre-load JSON from an entry specified by this key and then update it using the current JSON meta. Recursive inheritance is also supported. This is the new functionality that was not thoroughly tested yet -  feel free to test it and report any issues. For example, it does not yet support ElasticSearch indexing needed for web services (in our ToDo). However, if you do not use CK with ElasticSearch, the rest should work ("load" and "search" actions).
  • We invite projects to redesign CK in our open incubator.
Thank you all again for your feedback and suggestions - they are very helpful and we are trying to gradually address them,
Grigori

Grigori Fursin, PhD
* Vice President of MLOps at OctoML.ai
* Creator of the CK framework