[Hiring] Seasoned Python Developer

Kayla Powell

Dec 2, 2020, 3:59:09 AM12/2/20
to Cape Town Python Users Group

If you are a seasoned Python Developer with an interest in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency, we have an exciting opportunity on offer!

Invictus Capital is a blockchain-driven investment platform, a global leader in alternative investments and developed the first tokenized cryptocurrency index fund after launching in 2017

Our engineering team is responsible for the development, testing and deployment of various software products. All our products are built using a microservices architecture design and run fully containerized in the cloud. We mainly code in Python (backend) and ReactJS (frontend).

We are looking for a technical and product focussed backend engineer.

You will be responsible for:

  • Developing, maintaining and supporting our production systems (retail investor product and/or our proprietary crypto trading framework) by writing efficient and well documented (Python) code
  • Working in a team of 6 other engineers (some back-end, some front-end and some full-stack)
  • Assessing, prioritizing feature requests together with the product team
  • Participating in the standard Agile ceremonies
  • Testing and debugging code that you and the team has produced
  • Providing backend-related user support

If you are a seasoned software engineer with:

  • Around 3 years of software engineering experience with a focus on backend development.
  • At least some experience working with the Python stack in Linux or MacOS.
  • A comprehensive understanding of databases (we use PostgreSQL and Redis)
  • Experience deploying containerized microservices in Kubernetes which use gRPC and Pub/Sub to communicate with each other
  • Experience using cloud platforms like AWS, Azure etc… (we use a combination of GCP, AWS and some other smaller providers)
  • An understanding of of what it means to develop maintain and support multi-user production environments dealing with our investor’s money

We use the following tools, frameworks, languages and technologies in the backend

  • Languages: Python, SQL, (some)Golang
  • Task management and version control tools: Jira, Confluence, Gitlab
  • Google Cloud technologies: Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Redis
If interested, email your CV to ka...@invictuscapital.com

*Please note that this position is eligible for equity allocation