Seeking senior python developer for a fully remote Dubai based company

Jason Sheldon

Jan 18, 2023, 1:46:01 AM1/18/23
to Cape Town Python Users Group
Senior Backend Engineer

Job Description
Postpay is a leading 'Buy Now, Pay Later' provider in the Middle East with a growing, dynamic team. We are looking for a senior engineer to join our team in Dubai and be part of this incredible growth journey! You will be part of a fast paced and international multidisciplinary team who builds products and experiences for customers to shop and pay with Postpay.

What You Will Do
Work closely with technical team members to create awesome products.
- Participating in code reviews and testing new features to ensure they are compatible with existing features.
- Maintain product quality with well written tests.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to diagnose and prevent these problems
- Help define and improve our internal standards for maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate Engineers to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers.
- Align strategy and planned timelines with other key functions.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile environment.

What We Expect From You
- 6+ years of applicable experience. Our stack is Python
- Solid experience with performance at scale.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough solutions.
- Strong experience in various types of testing approaches and code quality.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Humble, curious, and open-minded with a growth mindset, thriving on continuous feedback
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. - Experience in Distributed Systems Architecture (Microservices, Event-Driven, RESTful Services and graphql).
- Experience designing and building large scale, distributed applications including making tradeoffs in architecture and functionality in a cloud environment.
- Experience operating production systems including defining metrics and processes for deploying changes to production reliably in live systems.
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, design patterns, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.

Knowledge of AWS services and serverless architecture are an advantage

Contact

Shem Taljaard