PyCon ZA 2020 - Call for Submissions

Neil Muller

Jun 10, 2020, 7:45:04 AM6/10/20
to ctpug, pycon-za, gpu...@googlegroups.com
PyCon ZA 2020 will take place on the 8th & 9th of October, 2020. This
year, due to the ongoing uncertainty of when conference facilities
will be allowed to open, we will be running PyCon ZA as an online
event.

We are looking for the following presentations:
- Keynotes (45 minute long talks on a subject of general interest)
- Talks (30 minute long talks on more specific topics)

If you would like to give a presentation, please register at
https://za.pycon.org/ and submit your proposal, following the
instructions at https://za.pycon.org/talks/submit-talk/ . We have a
number of tracks available, including: Data Science, Teaching and
Learning with Python, Web, Scientific Computing, Testing and Other
(which includes all talks that don't fall under the mentioned tracks).
We hope to notify accepted presenters by no later than the 31st of
August 2020.

Speakers will be expected to be available after the presentation for a
short Q&A session. Shared sessions are also possible. The
presentations will be in English.

PyCon ZA offers a mentorship program for inexperienced speakers. If
you would like assistance preparing your submission, email
te...@za.pycon.org with a rough draft of your talk proposal and we'll
find a suitable experienced speaker to act as a mentor.

If you want to present something else at PyCon ZA, please contact the
organising committee at te...@za.pycon.org .

We’re researching which software platforms will be most suitable for
running PyCon ZA. As soon as we have finalised this decision, we’ll
make it public and update potential presenters. If you have experience
with presenting on particular platforms, we'd love to hear from you at
te...@za.pycon.org .

--
Neil Muller
On behalf of the PyCon ZA organising committee