CTPA Officer Nominations

Jackson, Pat

Apr 13, 2022, 12:52:17 PM4/13/22
to ctpa
Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed our recent CTPA Conference. We received great feedback from many of you, and we hope to hear about your ideas for next year's sessions.

As your Immediate Past President, I have one more official action -- CTPA Board Member Nominations! It is time to nominate CTPA members to serve on the board for the 2022 - 2024 term.

We are seeking nominations for the following board and officer positions:

  • President-Elect/Treasurer
  • Secretary
  • Publicity Officer
  • Two community-college representatives from each of the three regions (Western, Central, and Eastern)
  • One public-university representative from each of the three regions
  • One independent-college or independent-university representative from each of the three regions

Each role is for a term of two years and will begin August 1, 2022 and run through July 31, 2024.  The President-Elect automatically succeeds the President at the end of the President's term.  Christine Ziemba-Tolbert, ACA Instructor at Gaston College, currently serves as President-Elect and will become President for the 2022-2024 term.

Serving on the CTPA board is a great opportunity to work with colleagues from across the state who want to share information about transfer and improve transfer processes between community colleges and public/private colleges and universities.  Officers meet in person or virtually at least twice a year with additional email communication as needed.

Please consider nominating yourself or a colleague (with their permission, of course!) for these open positions.  If interested in serving, please email me at pjac...@email.pittcc.edu by Monday, April 25th. In your reply, please provide a paragraph sharing your interest in running for the position. Your paragraph will be shared with the CTPA membership for voting in May.

Patricia Jackson

CTPA Immediate Past President

Pitt Community College

University Transfer and Foreign Language Chair

pjac...@email.pittcc.edu

(252) 493-7709

Pitt Community College is open and operating!  Faculty and staff are available during normal business hours as they work remotely or on campus. We will continue to serve students and our community by mobile apps, online meetings, telephone or email.  For more up-to-date information on the college response to the Coronavirus, visit our website www.pittcc.edu. NOTE: If planning to come to campus, please wear a face covering and check guidelines https://pittcc.edu/coronavirus/. Email correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official (NCGS. ch. 132). Student educational records are subject to FERPA.