New Position at PCC

Jackson, Pat

Mar 2, 2022, 12:28:37 PM3/2/22
to ctpa
Hi everyone -- I am hiring a new Administrative Assistant 1. Would you pass this job description along to anyone you might know who is interested?

General Statement of Job

Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to perform clerical and secretarial work in support of the University Transfer and Foreign Language Department and to provide support to the Department Chair with duties and responsibilities in relation to the Associate in Arts and Associate in Science programs. Secretarial and clerical duties include but are not limited to answering telephone calls and greeting visitors, providing customer service, typing and/or processing documentation, gathering information, maintaining calendars, ordering office supplies, maintaining files/records, overseeing activities of work-study students, or performing other tasks related to activities of the assigned department/division. Associate in Art and Associate in Science program support duties include but are not limited to assistance with advising, student outreach, coordination of events, program review and performing other related tasks as directed.

Qualifications or Standards

Associate Degree or higher level education; supplemented vocational training in secretarial science, business administration, and personal computer operations; supplemented by one (1) year previous experience and/or training involving secretarial work, office administration, customer service, and personal computer operations; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.

https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/pittccedu

Patricia Jackson

Pitt Community College

University Transfer and Foreign Language Chair

pjac...@email.pittcc.edu

(252) 493-7709

Pitt Community College is open and operating!  Faculty and staff are available during normal business hours as they work remotely or on campus. We will continue to serve students and our community by mobile apps, online meetings, telephone or email.  For more up-to-date information on the college response to the Coronavirus, visit our website www.pittcc.edu. NOTE: If planning to come to campus, please wear a face covering and check guidelines https://pittcc.edu/coronavirus/. Email correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official (NCGS. ch. 132). Student educational records are subject to FERPA.