Sad news to share

Linda Chandler

Feb 9, 2022, 11:20:58 AM2/9/22
to ct...@googlegroups.com

Good morning,

I thought that some of us would want to know that Dr. Richard Swanson—Rick—passed away last week.  Rick was a former TAC member and a colleague and friend of mine at Sandhills Community College for almost 23 years.

Rick himself was at Sandhills for almost 30 years, as Dean of Instruction, faculty member, mentor, and friend.  After his retirement, he came back and taught physics, engineering, and astronomy classes to many fortunate students.   He was still teaching this semester.

His family will have a private memorial, so please keep them and his students in your thoughts.

I am going to sign off the way that Rick would have.

Cheers,

Linda

Linda A. Chandler

Professor of Mathematics

Sandhills Community College

Logan 209

chan...@sandhills.edu

(910) 695-3961

E-mail correspondence to and from this sender may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records law and may be disclosed to third parties.