RELEASE: Secretary of the State Candidate Stephanie Thomas’s Statement on Today’s Resignation Announcement of Secretary of the State Denise Merrill:

grayl...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2022, 8:55:23 PM6/28/22
to CTNewsWire
ST logo.png

PRESS RELEASE

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Secretary of the State Candidate Stephanie Thomas’s Statement on Today’s Resignation Announcement of Secretary of the State Denise Merrill:

"I am sad to learn Secretary of the State Denise Merrill will leave office on Thursday to care for her husband, who is facing serious health problems. I am grateful for Denise’s many years of dedication to civic education, voter registration and participation, election security and streamlined systems for businesses in Connecticut. Denise’s leadership through some of the most difficult and contentious election cycles has made Connecticut a national leader in fair elections. She has led the way to protect and expand voter rights as well as civic education. I am so honored to have Secretary Merrill’s support and send my most heartfelt wishes to her and her family," said Stephanie Thomas.

###

ABOUT: Stephanie Thomas is the endorsed Democratic nominee for Secretary of the State for Connecticut.