SEIU 1199NE President Rob Baril Statement on CT Minimum Wage Increase

Erica Noll

Jul 1, 2022, 10:24:49 AM7/1/22
to ctnew...@googlegroups.com

“Paychecks are rising in Connecticut because working people fought to boost the minimum wage and won. It's because of the courage and bravery of Black, Brown, API and white working-class folks across our state that minimum wage workers will receive a much-needed raise. At the same time, we know that we need to do more to become a state that really supports working families. Workers are demanding livable wages, critical supports like paid leave and affordable healthcare, and a voice at work through a union. We're boldly calling on Connecticut leaders to meet the needs of our residents by fully funding and filling state jobs that provide essential public services. Workers welcome the July 1 state minimum wage raise. But our struggle for social and economic justice continues so all of us can thrive above the hustle to survive on $14 an hour.”

This email was sent to ctnew...@googlegroups.com
BerlinRosen, 15 Maiden Lane Suite 1600, New York, NY 10038, United States
Unsubscribe