ROJAS STATEMENT ON RESIGNATION OF SECRETARY OF THE STATE DENISE MERRILL

Taylor, Sam

Jun 29, 2022, 10:00:22 AM6/29/22
to Taylor, Sam

The Connecticut General Assembly

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Sam Taylor, (860) 335-8688

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

ROJAS STATEMENT ON RESIGNATION OF SECRETARY OF THE STATE DENISE MERRILL

(HARTFORD, CT) – Majority Leader Jason Rojas (D-East Hartford, Manchester) released the following statement after Secretary of the State Denise Merrill announced that she intends to resign from her position effective Thursday, June 30:

"Over her time in state service, I’ve been proud to call Denise not just a colleague but a good friend. When I entered my first term in the House, Denise was the first Majority Leader I served under, and her guidance was invaluable as I began my time as a member of the General Assembly. Her passion for this work is unmatched, and we owe Denise a debt of gratitude for all she’s done to ensure elections in Connecticut are accessible and safe. Her decision to step down is a tremendous loss to the state, but her tireless advocacy for the voters of Connecticut has created systems and structures that have strengthened our elections for years to come. I am grateful to have worked alongside such a strong advocate, and I know her leadership will continue to inspire many. As she takes time to focus on her family, my thoughts are with Denise and her husband."

###