revisitation rate

Odd Jacobson

Jun 21, 2024, 1:19:55 PM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to ctmm R user group
Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a relatively simple way to extract an estimate for the overall "revisitation rate" from the output of ctmm::revisitation()? I am not sure whether this makes much sense because it seems that this function provides a UD object. But, I was thinking maybe it could be possible to extract in a similar way that the encounter rate estimate from enconounter() can be extracted from the cde. However, I don't know how these things work exactly.

I basically want to be able to compare across different UDs, the degree to which the animal reused areas within its home range (i.e., whether animal A travelled to more "new" areas than animal B). Of course, the number of revisits along an animals trajectory may be biased by the number of locations along the trajectory, the temporal scale of the sampling window, etc, so I am trying to find a probabilistic approach. I thought it would be best to reach out to the ctmm community to get some thoughts before trying out the recurse package.

Thanks in advance,
Odd

Christen Fleming

Jun 24, 2024, 4:27:24 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to ctmm R user group
Hi Odd,

That's an interesting idea. I will add it to my to-do list and look at it over the summer when I am writing the book chapter on spatial distributions (including the revisitation distribution).

Best,
Chris

Odd Jacobson

Jun 25, 2024, 6:38:21 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to ctmm R user group
Sounds great, thanks Chris! Looking forward to it.

Best,
Odd