ctmm.guess

Dave Mitchell

Sep 24, 2021, 10:29:19 PM9/24/21
to ctmm R user group
Hi Chris, I'm trying to get koala home ranges, this one is named Charlotte. I can get as far as saving GUESS, after that I have a problem:

> fitted.mods<-ctmm.select(Charlotte.vg, CTMM=GUESS, verbose=TRUE)

Error in colMeans(get.telemetry(data, axes)) :

  'x' must be an array of at least two dimensions

I think I might be missing a step somewhere, it's getting quite frustrating! Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've emailed you the data separately.

regards, Dave

Christen Fleming

Sep 26, 2021, 12:12:22 AM9/26/21
to ctmm R user group
Hi Dave,

This is just a glancing guess, but is Charlotte.vg a variogram object? I ask because you would get that error if it was, as ctmm.select() takes a telemetry object and a variogram object can be optionally supplied via argument variogram= Charlotte.vg.

If that's the case, then I can add an informative error to ctmm.select() to make it more obvious why that fails.

Best,
Chris