Issues combining telemetry objects with different error models

steveh...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2022, 6:58:14 PMMar 4
to ctmm R user group
Hi Chris,

First off, thanks so much for all your assistance so far!

I've been working on incorporating both the VHF and GPS logger telemetry sets into HR analysis. I fit uere models from stationary loggers to assign to the GPS logger data and I assign a constant value for the uere of the VHF telemetry.

However, when I attempt to combine the two telemetry objects with tbind(), I get this error:

Error in `$<-.data.frame`(S3Part(x, TRUE), name, value) :
  replacement has 0 rows, data has 644

This error does not occur when I don't assign the telemetry objects an uere model, so I assume having two different error structures are causing an issue combining the telemetry objects.

Thanks!

Christen Fleming

Mar 5, 2022, 3:09:57 AMMar 5
to ctmm R user group
Hi Steve,

Please send me a minimal working example and I'll get that error fixed. The intent of tbind() is exactly for what you are trying to do.

Best,
Chris

Christen Fleming

Mar 9, 2022, 10:22:07 PMMar 9
to ctmm R user group
Hi Steve,

Your code actually works for me on the development version of the package: devtools::install_github("ctmm-initiative/ctmm")
Two warnings are given:
1: In tbind(cs_vhf_tel, cs_gps_tel) :
  Inconsistent location classes renamed.
2: In tbind(cs_vhf_tel, cs_gps_tel) :
  Re-projecting due to inconsistent projections.
because the two datasets started with different projections before tbind(), and because each dataset contained no class information to distinguish them.

Best,
Chris

steveh...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2022, 5:11:30 PMMar 10
to ctmm R user group
Updating to the development version seems to have fixed the issue!

Thanks a ton,

Steve