Extracting home range sizes for multiple individuals

Gladys Kung'u

Apr 26, 2023, 9:46:23 AM4/26/23
to ctmm R user group
Hello, I am a new user of CTMM and also not an R-savvy as yet. I am tying to calculate home range sizes for about 30 individuals of birds simultaneously. This is the code I am using:

##calculating all individuals simultaneously
FITS <- AKDES <- list()
for(i in 1:length(PG.tel ))
{
  GUESS <- ctmm.guess(PG.tel [[i]],interactive=FALSE)
  FITS[[i]] <- ctmm.select(PG.tel [[i]],GUESS)
}
##calculate AKDES
AKDES <- akde(PG.tel ,FITS)

I would like to extract the home range sizes and the confidence intervals for all individuals from the output 'AKDES'  (please see the last code above). However, I am stuck on how to go about it.

I will appreciate some pointers.

Thank you,
Gladys.

Christen Fleming

Apr 26, 2023, 10:04:51 AM4/26/23
to ctmm R user group
Hi Gladys,

The summary function gives that, so you could do something like:

sapply(AKDES,function(UD){summary(UD,units=FALSE)$CI})

This will be in meters. See help('dimfig') for assigning concise units.

Best,
Chris

Gladys Kung'u

Apr 26, 2023, 10:08:48 AM4/26/23
to ctmm R user group
Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your quick response and tips.

Best,
Gladys.