citing package

瀏覽次數:18 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Kimberley

未讀,
2023年5月2日 上午9:29:142023/5/2
收件者:ctmm R user group
Dear Chris,

In my paper I want to cite the ctmm package, but I am not sure how.
I want to say something like: the methods developed by ... reduces the bias of KDE estimators.
But a lot of people worked on the package and there are a lot of papers on ctmm. So what is the correct citation? Usually I download the endnote citation on the website where the article was published or via google scholar.

Kind regards,
Kimberley

Christen Fleming

未讀,
2023年5月3日 下午2:57:532023/5/3
收件者:ctmm R user group
Hi Kimberley,

The current CRAN package reference is:

C. H. Fleming, J. M. Calabrese, “ctmm: Continuous-time movement modeling”, R package version 1.1.0 (2022)

and the canonical CRAN URL is:

Each help file should have reference to the methods papers employed. For instance, help("akde") lists the references to the AKDE, AKDEc, and optimally weighted AKDE papers. So if you use some specific methods (like weights=TRUE) it's hopefully easy to track down any required references to that. The core references for the home-range estimation methods would be:

and if you used optimal weights for irregular sampling:

The comparative analysis paper that empirically demonstrates the reduced bias is: https://esajournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ecm.1344

While the original package description paper is: https://besjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/2041-210X.12559

That gives you lots of options for whatever is most appropriate. So, after citing the package directly, your proposed text could look something like:

" the methods developed in (Fleming et al, 2015; Fleming and Calabrese, 2016; Fleming et al., 2019) reduce the bias of KDE estimators (Noonan et al., 2019)."

Best,
Chris
回覆所有人
回覆作者