ctmmweb

Nanette Bragin

Apr 27, 2021, 12:14:25 PM4/27/21
to Ctmm R. User Group
Hi Chris,
I have several questions:

1.  where can I find the video from the last quarterly meeting

2.  I am testing an animal on the ctmmweb.  When filtering outliers, it seems to go on and on to where I have 200 outliers on a 500 pt dataset.  This does not seem right.

3.  When you remove an outlier, what happens to link up the remaining points.

4.  Does 'median distance to center' mean the distance from it's core UD?

Thanks, Nanette.

Christen Fleming

Apr 28, 2021, 2:37:39 PM4/28/21
to ctmm R user group
Hi Nanette,
  1. The webinar was recorded and linked to in the Skype group, which you should be a member of. But that link does expire after 30 days. The Spring webinar will be next month, however.
  2. What are you classifying as an outlier?
  3. The statistics are re-calculated. In either case, the speeds linking each location are similar to distance/time estimates but with an adjustment for the location error: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.12.130195v1
  4. Basically, yes. It's using a robust estimate of the average location (geometric median) that doesn't account for autocorrelation, specifically for filtering outliers, but not for further analysis.
Best,
Chris