Interpreting results from rsf.fit()

Connor O'Malley

Nov 3, 2021, 1:51:50 PM11/3/21
to ctmm R user group
Hi I'm working with rsf.fit() and I'm having a little trouble understanding the results. It returns a list of 21 items. Is one of those items a value for how many available points should be used based on my data sample size? Thanks!
Connor

Christen Fleming

Nov 3, 2021, 4:34:17 PM11/3/21
to ctmm R user group
Hi Connor,

The result is a ctmm model fit object that you want to store like

FIT <- rsf.fit(...)

and then do other things like summary(FIT) ... and soon RSF-KDEs.

I don't believe that I had it record the number of available points used, but I can add that. However, I have to warn that this is both data and model dependent. Models with more or less variability will require more or fewer available points, respectively.

Best,
Chris