Variogram interpretation

Dibyendu Biswas

Aug 31, 2022, 1:58:24 AM8/31/22
to ctmm...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
I am estimating the home ranges for resident vultures in India. While developing the variogram one of the variogram comes as follows. Kindly, help me with the interpretation.

image.png

Thanking all,
Dibyendu Biswas
Project Fellow
Landscape Level Planning and Management
Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun

SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT

Christen Fleming

Aug 31, 2022, 12:01:47 PM8/31/22
to ctmm R user group
Hi Dibyendu,

Were there a couple of big movements away (and back) from the usual area? It should be noticeable in the tracks. It doesn't seem to quite line up with a lunar periodicty.

Best,
Chris

Dibyendu Biswas

Sep 1, 2022, 2:57:31 AM9/1/22
to Christen Fleming, ctmm R user group
Hi Christen!
Yes you're right about the movement. This guy has made some back and forth movement from the usual place.

Could you please share any material about the structural frame to interpret the types of variograms?

Thanking you,
Dibyendu Biswas
Project Fellow
Landscape Level Planning and Management
Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun

SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT

Christen Fleming

Sep 1, 2022, 8:58:02 AM9/1/22
to ctmm R user group
Hi Dibyendu,

but we haven't gotten around to followup paper on that topic.

Best,
Chris

Dibyendu Biswas

Sep 2, 2022, 2:24:25 AM9/2/22