Plans to add UDOI method to overlap function?

Jenny Hansen

Jul 8, 2022, 5:37:39 AM7/8/22
to ctmm R user group
Hi Chris,
  I just read a paper by Tilberg and Dixon (2022) on an AKDE overlap method that allows for obtaining confidence intervals (https://besjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/2041-210X.13813). I saw that they had adapted code from ctmm for getting UDOI with intervals. I was wondering if you had any plans on expanding the overlap function in ctmm to include UDOI with confidence intervals?

Cheers,
Jenny

Christen Fleming

Jul 10, 2022, 6:42:50 AM7/10/22
to ctmm R user group
Hi Jenny,

I have seen that paper and have been in contact with the authors. Currently, I've implemented a related overlap measure (method="encounter") that has the same numerator (which is proportional to the encounter rate) but has a denominator that constrains the overlap measure to be between 0 and 1. The bias correction is not fully tested yet, though.

Best,
Chris