Club Meeting - January 17th at the lake Noon. Will have the new 2010 Facility Use Agreement with us

Jim Nissen - Home

Jan 8, 2010, 2:58:37 PM1/8/10
to Central Texas Model Boat Club
All members - If you want to race or just fun run your boat this year
in Round Rock you will need two things.

1. The combination of the lock at the gate so you can drive to the
waters edge.
2. A copy of the new facilities use agreement that is signed

Danny and I have both of these right now. How can you get a copy and
get the code?

Well no better time than to hold a meeting and determine what we all
want to do. As you know the club has not been active the last couple
years. We have been in a holding pattern for a while and it's time we
got it rolling again.
I propose we have a club meeting on January 17th at noon at the pond
in Old Settler park behind the Dell Diamond.

This year the Round Rock parks dept required us to sign a yearly
agreement to get access to the water. The fee each year is $100.
Obviously the club has more than this single fee to exist as a club.
We also recently put in the paperwork for the IMPBA and we can also
put in for NAMBA if desired. In addition the drivers stand we use for
races is still eating a hole in our pocket with yearly storage fees,
licence plates, and upkeep. The pickup boat license fee, gas and oil
to run the motor, etc... all need to be covered. The club is
officially broke. We need to consider upping the annual fees as a
result. Ideas are needed here because I put out about $300 last year
alone to keep the club alive. I only used the facilities half a dozen
times but that was my own fault!

Anyway the city of Round Rock is conducive to working with us to host
a race. They did not mention any extra fees to host an event. I really
think we need to get the remaining bouys placed on the water and start
using the place for practice. I could go on for a few pages but the
idea is lets get together and discuss this. Please reply if you can
make it.

Bill Pendleton

Jan 8, 2010, 6:13:35 PM1/8/10
to ct...@googlegroups.com
Im In! Yes we need to get Our Club Going again, I Cant tell you how Many times I was asked If we were Holding a Club race.