MEETING, AND ?????

Danny

Dec 10, 2007, 1:43:26 AM12/10/07
to ct...@googlegroups.com

HEY THERE GUYS,

I MADE A BOAT RACK FOR THE FRONT OF THE RETRIEVE BOAT AND I CHECKED OUT THE O/B AND AS USUAL IT IS ALL WELL AND READY TO DO SOME RETRIEVING.

THE GRASS IS DEAD IN THE POND, AND THE AIR IS GOOD AND COOL FOR MAKING HORSEPOWER, THERE IS SEVERAL NEW FACES THAT MANY NEED TO MEET, AND A FEW THINGS THAT WE NEED TO DISCUSS IN REGARDS TO THE WORK DAY AND GETTING THE TRAILER TO TSR FOR THE RACE. WHAT DOES EVERYONE SAY TO A RUNNING /MEET ALL THE NEW MEMBERS /CLUB MEETING DAY ONE SUNDAY, SOON!

ANOTHER THING THAT I DISCUSSED WITH JIM, BRIEFLY, EARLIER THIS YEAR, WAS THE PLANS I LAID THE FOOTWORK DOWN FOR TO HAVE A : LARGE: RACE, IN AUSTIN, THAT WOULD GIVE THIS CLUB AND HOBBY A MUCH NEEDED SHOT OF PENNICILLIN. TO DO THIS WOULD REQUIRE A LOT , A LOT OF HELP FROM ALL THE CLUB MEMBERS, BUT THE OUTCOME COULD BE PHENOMENAL. THERE ARE ALREADY A LOT OF SPONSORS THAT ARE WILLING TO DONATE. I HAVE ALREADY WENT SO FAR AS TO COMMUNICATE ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS WITH THE CITY OF AUSTIN PARKS DEPARTMENT TO GET THE BALL ROLLING AS FAR AS OBTAINING THE INFORMATION WE NEED TO GET ALL THE NEEDED PERMITS TO PULL IT OFF.

IN REGARDS TO THE S.A. CLUB RACE LETS HELP THEM PULL IT OFF. THE E MAIL FROM THEM STATING THE DECLINE IN MEMBERSHIP WAS NOT A GOOD ONE TO SEE, WEE NEED ALL CLUBS TO FLOURISH.  I AM THINKING THAT THE S.A. CLUB COULD USE ALL THE HELP WE ARE WILLING TO GIVE.

YOU MAY PURCHASE YOUR COPY OF THIS , JUST SEND SELF ADRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE TO , HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

THE END,

DANNY HUCKABAY

``STROKER``

Bill Sager

Dec 10, 2007, 9:25:36 AM12/10/07
to ct...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 10, 2007, at 12:43 AM, Danny wrote:
 WE NEED TO DISCUSS IN REGARDS TO THE WORK DAY AND GETTING THE TRAILER TO TSR FOR THE RACE. WHAT DOES EVERYONE SAY TO A RUNNING /MEET ALL THE NEW MEMBERS /CLUB MEETING DAY ONE SUNDAY, SOON!

There are only two Sundays before Christmas.  I have plans already scheduled for both of them.  I like the idea of trying to get everyone interested in promoting Radio controlled boating, and would like to see a meeting scheduled for this.  However the Holiday Season, for most of us, is a very busy time and there is not much time available for week end boating activities, at least for me.  My thoughts will be with you guys, if an event is scheduled during the Holidays.

ANOTHER THING THAT I DISCUSSED WITH JIM, BRIEFLY, EARLIER THIS YEAR, WAS THE PLANS I LAID THE FOOTWORK DOWN FOR TO HAVE A : LARGE: RACE, IN AUSTIN, THAT WOULD GIVE THIS CLUB AND HOBBY A MUCH NEEDED SHOT OF PENNICILLIN. TO DO THIS WOULD REQUIRE A LOT , A LOT OF HELP FROM ALL THE CLUB MEMBERS, BUT THE OUTCOME COULD BE PHENOMENAL. THERE ARE ALREADY A LOT OF SPONSORS THAT ARE WILLING TO DONATE. I HAVE ALREADY WENT SO FAR AS TO COMMUNICATE ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS WITH THE CITY OF AUSTIN PARKS DEPARTMENT TO GET THE BALL ROLLING AS FAR AS OBTAINING THE INFORMATION WE NEED TO GET ALL THE NEEDED PERMITS TO PULL IT OFF.

Where in Austin would this event take place?  I agree that a large race would be nice to do, but is there a problem with space at our current location, that the membership needs to be made aware of?  I understand that it is difficult to get our name on the docket for use of the Pond, but, in my opinion, there isn't a nicer site in the District,  to hold a race than our Pond.  I believe that if we properly schedule and properly publicize a Race, we will get a good turn-out.  Also we will need the support of all the Club members to put on a First-Class Race.  In my opinion, a meeting of  the membership is the first step towards this goal.  Election of officers for the new year, scheduling  our Race Dates, with  Round Rock Parks Dept. and also with IMPBA, so that our race dates are locked in and will not  be in conflict with other Clubs in the District.

IN REGARDS TO THE S.A. CLUB RACE LETS HELP THEM PULL IT OFF. THE E MAIL FROM THEM STATING THE DECLINE IN MEMBERSHIP WAS NOT A GOOD ONE TO SEE, WEE NEED ALL CLUBS TO FLOURISH.  I AM THINKING THAT THE S.A. CLUB COULD USE ALL THE HELP WE ARE WILLING TO GIVE.

I am all for helping the S.A. Club, if they will share in the promotion of our races.

I was able to get out to see the drivers stand yesterday afternoon, the work looks good, but there is a loose board hanging by what appears to be a couple of screws.  i didn't have any tools with me to repair it, but will try to get out some evening after work to see if I can tighten it up before it gets blown off by the winds.  Thanks Jim for the hard work involved in getting this accomplished.

It would be great if some other voices from our membership and interested individuals could be heard.  I am sure  the Club Membership is not all in agreement on any issue, but it would be good to hear other opinions and other ideas. Then we  ( as a Club ) could take action on the matters that are of the most interest to the most of the Club Members.  New ideas and different opinions are welcomed from any one.  We may be  " missing the boat", by  not letting our interests be known,, ( pun ?  Intended ,,,   LOL )

Hope   Yall All have a very Happy Holiday Season.

Bill Sager

Danny

Dec 10, 2007, 9:43:23 AM12/10/07
to ct...@googlegroups.com

WHENEVER, JUST NOW I HAVE CALLED A MEETING AND THE E MAILS , SUCH AS YOURS, THAT FOLLOW, SHOULD TELL US WHEN EACH MEMBER COULD MAKE IT.

ON ANOTHER NOTE,

MY BUDDIES GLEN AND DAVE HAVE BOUGHT THE HOBBY SHOP IN GEORGETOWN, PUMPED IT UP, AND MOVED IT TO RR BEHIND THE OUTBACK ON 35, I AM GETTING  THEM TO PUT UP A FLYER THAT HAS OUR INFO ON IT IN COLOR.

ALSO I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE RR PARKS GUYS TRYING TO GET AN UPDATED LETTER FROM RICK ATKINS. HE IS THE NEW PARKS DEPT. DIR.

STROKER

Bill Sager

Dec 10, 2007, 9:49:33 AM12/10/07
to ct...@googlegroups.com
And the meeting is????

Jim Nissen - Home

Dec 10, 2007, 6:03:40 PM12/10/07
to Central Texas Model Boat Club
Bill I'm sure we can agree to a date for a meeting. Probably in the
week some time. Weekends are tough for me as well until right after
Christmas.

As for the loose board. That is one 4'X3' section that seperates the
upper deck from the storage area. We started to attach it but decided
to just hang it in there instead till we resolve how we want to handle
enclosing the section between the upper and lower sections of the
drivers stand. Originally I wanted to use a single piece of tin on an
angle from the upper floor area down to the lower drivers area. In
looking at the stand on Saturday it made more sense to make that two
pieces so that there wouldn't be an angle piece on the ends. As a
result we can secure it later.

One more thing that will still need to be performed on the big work
day is the door frame and hinges. I can swing by AMP and pick up some
thin wall steel tubing to make a door frame. The opening is
essentially 4' square so If this is made with any substantial weight
of metal the door could weigh a few pounds. I'd rather try to use thin
wall steel or even conduit welded to make up our door. We can use a
couple of latches to secure it with locks so I think that will work.
I'm leaning toward 1" conduit at this point as that can be made strong
and still remain light. I can also pre-build the door if you can give
me the dimensions Bill. Will need the inside dims side to side and top
to bottom. If you can get it to within 1/8" I can leave some wiggle
room for the hinges and the clearance of the frame. Please measure it
diagonally as well to make sure it's square.