Race course setup

Jim Nissen - Home

Jun 16, 2009, 1:27:44 AM6/16/09
to Central Texas Model Boat Club
Danny and I managed to set half of the buoys for the course out at Old
Settlers but the trolling motor gave up the ghost. Once the trolling
motor if resolved then we will go back and set the remainder of the
course. It's cool as you can not see the underwater setup at all. You
have to know they are there and then just drop in a top floating buoy
and the course is ready to go. Should be a huge improvement over what
we have now - nothing!

Bill Sager

Jul 1, 2009, 11:19:32 AM7/1/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com
At work, we have changed out some deep cycle batteries from several of
our UPS power back-up systems.. Most of these batteries are still
serviceable batteries and are very similar in make-up to the Marine
Deep Cycle Batteries. I will use a couple of these for my trolling
motors and would like to share them with those of you who might could
use one or several. I am asking 5.00 each ( as is ) and will have
them at my place in Taylor shortly. I will be taking 5 or 6 of them
every day or so and will place them on a 2 x 6 or some wood scraps for
storage. There are quite a few of the smaller batteries also, that
the Nitro guys use for their starters. I don't know the milliamp
ratings on any of these at present. We have approximately 4 pallets
of these batteries in the warehouse and I am taking them home as often
as I can and as many as I can haul per load.

I am still looking for some help or someone to replace the water pump
in the boat that we used as a retrieve boat. It is a 7.5 horsepower
Evinrude ( I believe ). If anyone can assist, I can get the specific
model number of the motor and would appreciate help in getting it
repaired. I am willing to pay a reasonable price for this service.

Please advise your interest and we can make arrangements to meet,.

Bill Sager

512 365 6881 home phone after about 6 PM usually.

Bill Pendleton

Jul 1, 2009, 11:26:56 AM7/1/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bill, Glad to see your still around. I will check with my step son about fixing the water pump. Will get back in touch. Thanks Bill
BP Racing

Jul 1, 2009, 2:44:49 PM7/1/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com
I CAN/WILL FIX THE PUMP AS I SAID JUST NEED SEVERAL BATTERIES AND THE $$$
FOR THE IMPELLER, AND EXPENDIBLES USED. GET ME THE #

STROKER
Jul 1, 2009, 2:59:10 PM7/1/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com
I will do so tonight and send in the morning. The $$$ for the parts
is available, just tell me how much and I can get it to you.

Bill
Thanks for your reply.

DANNY HUCKABAY

Jul 1, 2009, 3:08:21 PM7/1/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com
AS SOON AS I HAVE THE # OF THE MOTOR, I CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH THE PARTS WILL
BE, AND THEN ONCE THE IMPELLER IS REPLACED WE SHALL SEE IF THE THING HAS
ANYMORE "ISSUES" .

Bill Sager

Jul 17, 2009, 9:14:15 AM7/17/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to take so long in getting the boat motor information to you.

EVINRUDE 7.5 HORSE

MODEL NUMBER E8RCSS

SERIAL NUMBER E0004054

There should be 8 of the UPS storage batteries coming from the
warehouse today. I will save you 3 of these, I will keep 3 and
another guy wants 2. This will be all of the large size batteries
that came out of our equipment, but I am told there are some of the
smaller type 12 volt batteries that airplane and nitro boaters use for
their starters. I don't have a count on the small ones, but pass this
information along if you know someone that can use them.

Let me know how much the parts will cost and I can send a check, might
get a new spark plug also, the one that is in the motor is the one
that came with the boat about 10 years or so ago.

Regards

Bill Sager

DANNY HUCKABAY

Jul 22, 2009, 2:56:54 PM7/22/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com
IVE GOT THE IMPELLER, IT WAS CHEAP ENOUGH, THE ACTUAL IMPELLER PLUS A FEW $
FOR GAS UNDER 20.00 . YOU MAY DROP IT OFF AT MY HOUSE ON MONDAY
CALL FOR ADDRESS. I DO NOT WANT T OPOST INFORMATION TO ALL AVAILABLE HERE.

STROKER