RC Boat Demo - May 16th

Jim Nissen - Home

Apr 11, 2009, 2:46:33 PM4/11/09
to Central Texas Model Boat Club
Here is the email trail I got on this. Sounds like it could be some
fun. I'd probably show up just with a single super stocker type of
boat and have some fun for a few minutes.

Dawn Moonan wrote:

Would your group be interested in doing a demonstration of your model
boats at our Annual Boat Regatta on May 16? We would have you do the
demo at the end of the race while the judges make their final decision
on the winners. Probably a 10-15 minute demo around 11:45 am. Thank
you for your consideration.

Dawn Moonan
Allen R Baca Center
512-671-2798
www.bacacenter.com

--------------------------------

This sounds interesting. I am with the power boat side of the hobby.
If your interested in model sail boats they have a yahoo group you can
join and ask questions on. If you want power boats for a demo that is
what we could do. Just wanted to make sure.

-----------------------------
From: Dawn Moonan
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:14:04 -0600
To: Jim Nissen<jni...@austin.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Boat Regatta

We are interested in the power boats and would love to have your group
participate. If you can get a group together, let me know.

Thanks

---------------------------

Sure I bet we could get a few to show up. Where at? What time?

----------------------------

Old Setters Lake around 11:45 am on May 16.

Jim Nissen - Home

Apr 11, 2009, 2:52:40 PM4/11/09
to Central Texas Model Boat Club
Here is the info on the regatta. This is the cardboard boat race. Lots
of fun. Should be a big crowd so come prepared.
Make sure your boat has a fail safe and is completely up to snuff. I
would err on the side of safety as opposed to high speed and
reckless driving. Don't want anyone hurt.

http://www.roundrocktexas.gov/rocktheboat

On Apr 11, 1:46 pm, Jim Nissen - Home <jnis...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Here is the email trail I got on this. Sounds like it could be some
> fun. I'd probably show up just with a single super stocker type of
> boat and have some fun for a few minutes.
SNIP

fish....@suddenlink.net

Apr 11, 2009, 7:47:39 PM4/11/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com, Jim Nissen - Home
i should be able to go too.

stroker

Jim Nissen - Home

May 6, 2009, 1:54:16 PM5/6/09
to Central Texas Model Boat Club
Just a reminder that the 16th is this demo.

Jim Nissen - Home

May 12, 2009, 11:20:39 AM5/12/09
to Central Texas Model Boat Club
Got a note from Dawn on the Cardboard Boat Race. She wants to know how
many are for sure coming to the event? I plan to be there as we do not
have Soccer on Saturday (fluke). I am bringing my kids with me. I will
bring one or two monos. Most likely my daughters green fun runner
along with the Super Stocker. Please report if you can make it and
what you will bring. I'll be there around 11:30 to 12 noon to watch
the fun.

Bill Pendleton

May 12, 2009, 4:10:25 PM5/12/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com
I Plan On Being there too!
Are we setting up in the usual place? can we bring our trailers? How long are we going to run?
Thanks Bill
BP Racing
Elite Thunderboats

May 16, 2009, 11:58:33 AM5/16/09
to Central Texas Model Boat Club
Looks like it's going to be called off due to the weather.

Jim Nissen - Home

May 18, 2009, 6:33:48 PM5/18/09
to Central Texas Model Boat Club
I heard that they will not re-schedule this for this year. Good idea
to move forward on the meeting with the parks dept leader. I for one
would like to see a course setup on the lake along with a drivers
stand.