OVO Energy Women's Cycling Tour coming to Oxfordshire - Press launch on Wednesday

robin....@yahoo.co.uk

Mar 16, 2019, 9:07:51 AM3/16/19
to ctcw...@googlegroups.com

Hi Witney cycling friends,

I got a call yesterday that Oxfordshire will be hosting a round of the OVO Energy Women's Cycling Tour for the next three years, and we (cyclists) have been invited to the press launch at Blenheim Palace next Wednesday morning.  This is the UK’s top women’s stage race, part of the UCI World Tour and generally quite a big thing.

The County Council and the race organisers would like to get as many cyclists as possible, of all different types to the launch event.  Naturally I thought of you and I’m going to work with Kath of Windrush and Alison Hill of Cyclox to invite as many as possible.

So: any chance of you organising a Midweek outing on Wednesday to this?  I’ll keep an eye on the GoogleGroup so we have some idea of numbers.  They are keen on unusual bike if that is possible : tandems, ordinaries (the OCC man said penny farthings), vintage bikes and trikes encouraged.  But also shopping bikes, folders, touring bikes, racing bikes, mountain bikes and just ‘bikes’ of course!

We’ll circulate the exact details when we get them on Monday, but the basics are:

  • Blenheim Palace
  • 10-11am, Wednesday 20 March 2019
  • Main event: Pro-cyclist Manon Lloyd, leading a group of Oxfordshire cyclists – amateur and pro - around the grounds of Blenheim Palace.
  • County and district councillors will flag-off the symbolic event, announcing Oxfordshire as three-year hosts of the prestigious race.
  • Free entry through the palace gates will be arranged.  We may get a slightly earlier meeting place and time to enable this.  It should be accessible by cycle or car.

Happy cycling,

Robin

Robin Tucker

Chair, Oxfordshire Cycling Network

Secretary, Cycling UK Oxfordshire

O...@cyclingukoxfordshire.org

Twitter: @OxonCyclingNet

07901 622622

OCN and S4C logos

Find out about our campaign for Space for Cycling in Oxfordshire

image001.png