2019 ride out on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month.

David T.

Mar 13, 2019, 6:46:10 AM3/13/19
to CTC Witney
All

Ref tomorrow.

Based on discussions with CUK members in West Oxon, CUK Witney have decided to trial a
ride out twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Thursday for 2019. The rides will be along the
informal lines that Witney currently use to organise their Sunday ride out. The destination
and duration for the day will be decided at coffee based on the weather and the level of
enthusiasm on the day. The thinking is that these rides will compliment rather than compete
with the popular CUK Oxfordshire Midweek group that ride out on a Wednesday.

The first meet on Thurs the 14th March will depart from Hunters Café in Witney at 10.30hrs,
thereafter (until Oct) the meeting point for the first ride of the month will be at Cogges Farm
Museum Café. For the second ride of the month the coffee venues will mirror the Thursday
meets published in the Oxford Cyclist. You can also access these via CUK Oxfordshire
Midweek's web site. For the next three month's they are as follows:

28th March - currently Millets GC (Just beyond Southmoor). This may be changed for us,
subject to opinion, as this will be our destination on the 27th June. so tba.............

25th April - Hilltop Ramsden.
23rd May - Yarnton Garden Centre.
27th June - Millets GC (Just beyond Southmoor).

Regards

David Townsend.

Rich Weinhold

Mar 13, 2019, 6:18:39 PM3/13/19
to ctcwitney
Thanks for this "new" idea. Might be it could actually work for me! I have some upcoming travel and conditioning (separate issues) to undertake so might be a couple months before I could join you, but I like the weekday idea over the weekend since I like weekends free for other trips and activities, and I'm fortunate to be retired so not limited to weekend outings. Please keep the postings and reminders coming!

Regards,

Rich Weinhold