Hello

Gemma Blake

Jul 5, 2019, 5:22:31 AM7/5/19
to CTC Witney
Hello,

I am going to try and join you all with another newbie sometime this month and wondered if I could get an idea of the distance - I haven't mastered the ability to find out the routes yet!

Any links would be super helpful

Look forward to meeting you all

Gemma

David Townsend

Jul 5, 2019, 5:39:34 AM7/5/19
to ctcw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gemma I look after Thursday rides which is a new initiative for this year. It is all very informal at the moment so I cannot point you
towards any ride links. The riders who attend decide on the day based on conditions. If you work on circa 40 miles that would be typical.

I have copied my 13 March post FYI.

Kevin Arnold and Neil Tigwell tend to lead the Sunday rides.

Regards

David T

All

Ref tomorrow.

Based on discussions with CUK members in West Oxon, CUK Witney have decided to trial a
ride out twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Thursday for 2019. The rides will be along the
informal lines that Witney currently use to organise their Sunday ride out. The destination
and duration for the day will be decided at coffee based on the weather and the level of
enthusiasm on the day. The thinking is that these rides will compliment rather than compete
with the popular CUK Oxfordshire Midweek group that ride out on a Wednesday.

The first meet on Thurs the 14th March will depart from Hunters Café in Witney at 10.30hrs,
thereafter (until Oct) the meeting point for the first ride of the month will be at Cogges Farm
Museum Café. For the second ride of the month the coffee venues will mirror the Thursday
meets published in the Oxford Cyclist. You can also access these via CUK Oxfordshire
Midweek's web site.

Gemma Blake

Jul 5, 2019, 5:58:09 AM7/5/19
to CTC Witney
Hello David,

Thanks for this. This might be great for the guy I am coming with but I would be unable to attend midweek unless its in the evening.  However I will pass on this to him to see if he would like to attend, he doesn't have the internet so it will require me giving him the details.

I appreciate you gettting back to me though,

Thanks again

Gemma
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ctcw...@googlegroups.com.