[CT Birds] He's a Birder; He's a Poet

1 view

ROBERT MIRER

Apr 4, 2021, 5:08:22 PM4/4/21
to ctbirds
Did you know that Ernie Harris has published a book of poetry? Many of you know Ernie personally; many more of you know Ernie from his years of posting dawn bird sightings from his deck. Now you have a chance to get an insight into the inner life and thoughts of this deeply reflective and sensitive person. Many of the poems are about birds, many others about birding, to which birders will knowingly respond. All of them are about human thoughts and emotions. In Ernie's own words:
"In quietness I can still hear those voices, even more new ones, So often I am surprised by the meanings. My heart is being touched by these discoveries. I hope something similar for you."

The title of the book is "Still." It is available at the Fat Robin, and at that ubiquitous superstore in the sky (link below).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MV79Y8Q?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Rob Mirer
Moodus

Thomas Robben

Apr 5, 2021, 2:22:37 AM4/5/21
to ROBERT MIRER, ctbirds
I second everything Rob said.
Ernie Harris has been gracing the meetings of the Hartford Audubon Society
with his beautiful and touching poetry for years, and we all look forward
to hearing his next poem, coming as a benediction, at the beginning of
almost every meeting. May you keep it up for a long time Ernie!
Tom Robben
Glastonbury