HTML interface doesn't open properly

vara...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2022, 2:24:43 PM8/5/22
to CTAT Users
Hello All,
I made a .html interface with coding by hand, and tried opening the html in older version of CTAT to program behavior graph. The attached .zip file contains all my html and css.

When I coded the .html using VS code, it showed up fine. The attached picture vscode.jpg shows this interface. However, when I opened up the same .html using CTAT, the interface doesn't contain the specified styles. The attached file withCTAT.jpg contains this interface.

Somehow, it appears when I open the interface with CTAT, it doesn't recognize the styles, and it is also missing the pictures. Can you please help?

Thanks
Aravind
OneDCollisions_zipped.zip
withCTAT.jpg
vscode.jpg

vara...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2022, 4:05:41 PM8/5/22
to CTAT Users
I was able to solve the problem, but can't figure out why. When I create the packages using the software CTAT4.3.0 using File->NewPackage, the problem was fixed. The interface shows up as intended. However, when I create the exact same HTML files and Assets in the same folder/path structure, it doesn't seem to work.

Best
V. Aravind

Jonathan Sewall

Aug 8, 2022, 3:41:37 PM8/8/22
to ctat-...@googlegroups.com, Vasudeva Rao Aravind
I don't have a good explanation for you. When I try your tutor with the lib/ctat.jar file from https://cdn.ctat.cs.cmu.edu/releases/lab/ctat.jar, I see the styles rendered similarly to your vscode.jpg (below). The one feature that is out of the ordinary is that your Interface-styles.css is in OneDCollisions/Assets/ instead of our conventional folder OneDCollisions/HTML/Assets/. I'd recommend that you move the file to HTML/Assets/ and change the <link> tag in Interface.html to href="Assets/Interface-styles.css". It's possible that the web server in CTAT 4.3 doesn't grant access to URLs that include "../". I'd recommend also that you save your current lib/ctat.jar to a different file name (e.g. lib/ctat_4_3.jar) and upgrade to the version in https://cdn.ctat.cs.cmu.edu/releases/lab/ctat.jar.

I really enjoyed having you with us at Summer School last month. Thanks for coming back,

image.png

vara...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2022, 2:02:14 PM8/9/22
to CTAT Users
Thank you, Jonathan. It was great meeting you and interacting with all members of CMU's HCII Institute.

I adjusted the assets and the folder structure as you mention, and now the interface shows up as intended. Thank you!

Best
V. Aravind