Can not access to google drive

江波

Oct 9, 2020, 11:40:40 PM10/9/20
to CTAT Users
Hi, I'm using CTAT in China, where google and many other service are blocked.
CTAT needs a google drive or dropbox account, unfortunately, I can't access them from China mainland. I often failed to contact to my google drive or dropbox even when I use my paid VPN as it's not stable.

Who knows how can I use CTAT totally locally? Thank you.

Jonathan Sewall

Oct 11, 2020, 2:11:04 PM10/11/20
to ctat-...@googlegroups.com
Google Drive is needed only if you are using the web-based HTML Editor at https://cdn.ctat.cs.cmu.edu/html-editor/editor.html. If you build your student user interfaces by hand-coding HTML with a text editor, you can save and run them locally with CTAT. For instructions and examples, see https://github.com/CMUCTAT/CTAT/wiki/Examples.

江波

Oct 11, 2020, 8:14:58 PM10/11/20
to CTAT Users
Hi, Jonathan, thank you very much for your quick response. I understand that we can create user interfaces by coding, but the web-based html editor is easy to use, most of our team member are future teachers in primary or middle school, they don't have coding skills, so currently we prefer to using the web-based editor. Is it possible to add a OneDrive port?

Jonathan Sewall

Oct 11, 2020, 9:06:38 PM10/11/20
to ctat-...@googlegroups.com
I don't have a solution yet, but I can say that we're testing a replacement to the HTML Editor that will be able to store files elsewhere. How are you deploying your CTAT tutors for use by students? Do you use a web server that would permit our site to save files?

江波

Oct 11, 2020, 9:33:19 PM10/11/20
to CTAT Users
Let me introduce our research project. I'm Bo Jiang, a researcher from Department of  Educational Technology, East China Normal University, Shanghai. I'm responsible for a granted 2-year research project that develop an adaptive mathematical learning platform for middle school students. In this platform, we provide students service like test, learning by doing, path recommendation. The  platform is under design and now we plan to use CTAT to create step guide during the problem solving process. We plan to deploy the platform on  Alibaba Cloud server, I think it can permit to save files from you.

Jonathan Sewall

Oct 11, 2020, 10:19:42 PM10/11/20
to ctat-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks--this is an interesting project. Could you tell us how you learned of CTAT?

江波

Oct 12, 2020, 10:46:45 PM10/12/20
to CTAT Users
I knew CTAT from many research papers about ITS, especially the paper "Vincent Aleven, Bruce M. Mclaren, Jonathan Sewall, and Kenneth R. Koedinger. 2009. A New Paradigm for Intelligent Tutoring Systems: Example-Tracing Tutors. Int. J. Artif. Intell. Ed. 19, 2 (April 2009), 105–154."