Location change: Stop Stupak on FIRST FLOOR of Union (Milton's)

0 vue

Elise Higgins

non lue,
18 nov. 2009, 10:51:3318/11/2009
à elise....@gmail.com,csw-exec-folk,CSW,voi...@ku.edu,Gina,george...@gmail.com
Hello! Due to a Union scheduling error, Stop Stupak is on the FIRST FLOOR of the Kansas Union in Milton's. It'll still be great times. Please come see us there!

<3,
Elise

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Elise Higgins <elise....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, beautiful people.

So, tomorrow is Stop Stupak, and more than ever before, CSW needs you to make your voice heard. If it's passed, the Stupak Amendment to healthcare reform will take millions of American women back to a time before Roe v. Wade, when abortion was only safe and accessible for very wealthy women. We have the power to stop Stupak, and we have to use it.

Tomorrow, please stop by the CSW table in the Kansas Union anytime between 9am and 3pm. When you come, we'll give you nifty new Trojan condoms, candy, and a script to call Congressman Dennis Moore and/or Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

If you can't make it to the table, no worries! Below are some brief calling instructions. Feel free to take a look at any of the articles referenced for more background information, or just respond to this message.

IF YOU LIVE IN LAWRENCE: Call Congressman Moore at 202-225-2865 and ask to speak to his lead aide on healthcare. Thank Congressman Moore for voting against the Stupak Amendment, and tell him that you need him to continue to advocate against it until healthcare reform is passed.

IF YOU DON'T LIVE IN LAWRENCE (or are feeling especially activisty): Call Senator Reid at 202-224-3542 and ask to speak to his lead aide on healthcare. Ask Senator Reid to please make sure that nothing resembling the Stupak Amendment makes it into the Senate's version of healthcare reform. Tell him that healthcare reform is not worth making aobrtion inaccessible for millions of American women.

More information: http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/news/press-releases/2009/pr11072009_househcrbillstupak.html

Thank you for everything you do.

Love,
CSW/Elise