Request for help with KU Body Image Project

Elise Higgins

Apr 2, 2009, 12:26:25 PM4/2/09
to csw-ex...@googlegroups.com, voi...@ku.edu, amered87
Hey all! This message is from Kathy-please take the the time to do the survey. It's short and interesting.

Love,
Elise

Greetings CSW members!

I am getting in touch to request your assistance on a project.  In addition to my work with the Emily Taylor Women's Resource Center, I am also a doctoral student in the Educational Leadership and Policy Studies Program here at KU.  I am interested in finding out more about factors that contribute to positive body image for women.  I’d appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to fill out this survey, which consists of 20 questions and should take less than 10 minutes.  This survey is strictly voluntary and your responses are anonymous.  If you agree to participate, please know that you may choose to stop at any point.

Body image is a significant issue for college women.  Recent studies indicate that over 70% of college-age women report being dissatisfied with their bodies.  This project may contribute to efforts to understand ways of addressing this problem and  provide a way of measuring factors that contribute to healthy attitudes.

If you are willing to participate, please click on this link to take the survey http://studentvoice.com/ku/bodyimagestrengths09

Thank you so much for your time and consideration – both are greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Kathy Rose-Mockry
(785) 864-3552
krose...@ku.edu