Salon Nouveau + other awesomeness

Elise Higgins

Sep 20, 2009, 10:25:58 PM9/20/09
to csw-exec-folk, Liz Stuewe
Hey all. This is just a reminder, not that you needed it cause you were totally coming anyway, that Salon Nouveau is tomorrow at 8pm. Zahra will rock it, because she always does, and because she's been sitting on this particular subject for about 10 years now.

An update for y'all, since we're not meeting this Monday:
-In order to fit into Civic Engagement Week, "Making A Difference" has been planned for Monday, October 5 in the McCook Room of the Burge Union at 7:30pm. We'll probably have former KC mayor Kay Barnes speak, and then do our Women's History Month planning business. Look for a facebook event soon, and expect to see a lot of Barbara Ballard...
-Corey has a connection to a woman who does activism around widowed Afghani women and is interested in showing a film in Lawrence, either somewhere in the Union or at Liberty Hall. Suggestions are welcome about how CSW can work with this idea-maybe dedicating a week to international women and doing the Salon Nouveau about Iranian women that Monday?
-CSW has been invited to table at the Lawrence Public Library's health fair, thanks to new CSW member Leslie Goodwin! It's the first Friday of fall break, October 16, from 1pm-4pm. We'll have a signup sheet at our next full member meeting on Oct. 12 for any of y'all who'll be around.
-CSW has also been invited by Concerned, Active and Aware Students, (an offshoot of the Center for Community Outreach) to participate in AIDS Awareness Day on December 1. We may be called upon to participate in a panel discussion and/or table. More details will be available closer to December.

In other news, CSW is kicking ass this year, thanks to the work you're doing. We had 20 people at our most recent meeting, even though I failed to get out a reminder email until about an hour beforehand : ) Please do try to have coffee with someone from your breakout group from our first meeting-if you need names or emails, I got you covered-just ask!

Ok. I think that's all. Love you.

-Elise