vlookup?

Aaron Lowndes

Jun 10, 2016, 12:31:52 PM6/10/16
to csvfix
Every now and then we will add new accounts to our accounting software. Each account has an account code and an account description.
My CSV file (which is to be imported into the accounting software) only has the account description and this needs to be replaced with the account code instead.
It seems like using eval would result in a heinously long command... we're talking a list of 500 account codes and account descriptions...
Wondering if there is a recommended way to perform a vlookup-like function from csvfix.
Obviously you would need a separate csv file to have the lookup table, and that would be an input into csvfix.

Neil Butterworth

Jun 10, 2016, 12:35:12 PM6/10/16
to csvfix
Use the join command.

Aaron Lowndes

Jun 11, 2016, 1:05:16 PM6/11/16
to csvfix

Thanks. Was a dumb question, should've looked further at the help file. Sorry!