Retain headers (-rh) as a common option for all of csvfix?

dan.cao...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2015, 9:34:10 PM2/5/15
to csv...@googlegroups.com
OK, maybe -rh isn't necessary for many of csvfix commands, but would anyone else find it helpful for the find command? I'm thinking of situations in which I want to prefilter a data-file but still want to maintain its structure.

Also, great work on this library. One of the best command-line tools I've ever used.

Neil Butterworth

Feb 7, 2015, 7:08:04 AM2/7/15
to csv...@googlegroups.com, dan.cao...@gmail.com
To properly support header processing, CSVfix really needs to be completely re-architected. This will only happen if and when I decide to do CSVfix 2.0.

Regards,

Neil Butterworth

Eric Clay

Oct 20, 2015, 3:59:24 PM10/20/15
to csvfix, dan.cao...@gmail.com
I would recommend stripping the headers (if they even exist which is not the case for my files before processing) and adding them back on the last processing step.