Interim CSTA-MN Leadership Positions

Andrea Wilson Vazquez

Sep 9, 2022, 1:08:08 PM9/9/22
to CSTAMN
Hello CSTA-MN colleagues!

As you know, CSTA-MN is going through a transition period as we say farewell to some past chapter leaders who have retired and moved into new careers (please join us in thanking John, Cindy, and Doug for all of their help and support!). To that end, we currently have some open chapter leadership positions and would welcome some interim support!

Please see the information below about the open interim leadership roles, and click the link here (also linked below) if you are interested in learning more or are ready to join our CSTA-MN interim leadership team!

Interim leadership position terms will begin in September, 2022 and will positions will transition to elected leaders following CSTA-MN Leadership Team elections in January, 2023.

We anticipate the time commitment to be approximately 5 hours per month for each position, and in many cases, co-leads could be appointed to share a role and responsibilities.

Roles:
  • Secretary - help generate content for the CSTA-MN newsletter, take and share notes during CSTA-MN meetings, reach out to new members with a welcome message, help with communication about upcoming meetings
  • Treasurer - help with accounting, purchasing, filing our taxes, give updates about account standing
  • Elementary representative - recruit CSTA-MN members and meeting participants from your grade band, help to recruit someone each month to share a “nifty activity”
  • Middle School representative - recruit CSTA-MN members and meeting participants from your grade band, help to recruit someone each month to share a “nifty activity
  • High School representative - recruit CSTA-MN members and meeting participants from your grade band, help to recruit someone each month to share a “nifty activity
  • Social Media and Digital Manager  - help to update the CSTA-MN website and update our CSTA Community Group with relevant information, encourage participation in online forums, help post to CSTA-MN social media with relevant info
  • Events coordinator - help to coordinate CSTA-MN November member appreciation event, help to plan and coordinate CSTA-MN book club sessions, help to coordinate details and CSTA-MN involvement in MNCodes Summit, plan and help to coordinate any in-person events, support with agenda setting for monthly CSTA-MN meetings
Click HERE to indicate your interest in one of the above positions!

Interest form responses will be reviewed by CSTA-MN Interim Co-Chairs, Kate Lockwood and Andrea Wilson Vazquez, and we will reach out to each individual to follow up with next steps before the end of September.

Feel free to reach out to Andrea with any questions! and...@codesavvy.org

Thank you for considering!

Best,
Andrea and Kate