Save the Date: September CSTA-MN Meeting

Andrea Wilson Vazquez

Aug 10, 2022, 3:39:48 PMAug 10
to CSTAMN
Hello CSTA-MN colleagues,

CSTA-MN is going through some changes and transitions as we consistently strive to best meet the needs of our growing membership! One of our goals is to increase the numbers of educators in our monthly meetings in an effort to build our collective network and supportive community.

To that end, we hope you'll join us for our upcoming September 20th CSTA-MN meeting - see the details below and watch for a calendar invite. Please feel free to share with anyone you think would be interested - we'd love to welcome anyone who is interested in CS ed!

CSTA-MN-Sept2022.png

Date: Tuesday, September 20th
Time: 3:30pm, Central Time
Location: Zoom
Agenda:
  • Introductions & Welcome Activity

  • Nifty Assignments - teachers from elementary, middle and high school will each share a favorite CS lesson/activity that they use to kick off the year

  • Intro to CSTA-MN's New Lesson Repository

  • Closing

Please reach out to Andrea (and...@codesavvy.org) or Kate (kloc...@spa.edu) with any questions, and we look forward to seeing you online in September!

All the best,
Andrea

Andrea Wilson Vazquez

Sep 9, 2022, 10:36:54 AMSep 9
to CSTAMN
Hi everyone! Hope the start to this school year is off to a good start!

We are looking forward to our September CSTA-MN meeting and wanted to point out a change in the meeting date. We hope you can join us for a Zoom meeting on Wednesday, September 21st at 3:30pm, CT. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this date change! We will share a poll at the September meeting to gather feedback about the most preferred days of the week and times for future meetings.

Read on for a preview of the exciting things we'll explore together during our September CSTA-MN virtual meeting:

Date: Wednesday, September 21st
Time: 3:30pm, Central Time
Location: Zoom
Agenda:
  • Introductions & Welcome Activity

  • Sharing: "Nifty Activities" - teachers from elementary, middle, and high school will each share a favorite CS lesson/activity that they use to kick off the year

  • Intro to CSTA-MN's New Lesson Repository

  • Closing Activity

Modern Gradient National Teacher's Day Event Instagram Post.png

Take care and we look forward to seeing you on September 21st!

All the best,
Andrea and Kate
Interim CSTA-MN Co-Chairs