Re: [cstamn] Abridged summary of cstamn@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Sarah Carter

Jun 6, 2022, 10:13:25 AMJun 6
to cst...@googlegroups.com

Version 2 of the 2022 Math Standards and Benchmarks is available for public feedback!

The Minnesota Math Standards Committee would love the public’s feedback on Version 2 of their work.  The window for feedback is open from May 16 to June 13, 2022 at 5:00 p.mVersion 2, the survey for feedback and more information on the math standards committee’s work can be found on the Mathematics Academic Standards page.  I’ve also included the links from this page below.

·         Version 2 Math Standards and Benchmarks (including the Readiness for Career, College and Civic engagement (RCCC) statement).

·         Version 2 Survey

o    Feedback due June 13 at 5:00 p.m.

o    The committee would love specific (i.e. give the 3-digit code for the benchmark) and actionable feedback when possible.

o    Note:  You do not need to answer every question on the survey.  Answer the questions you have feedback on.

·         FAQ’s related to Version 2.

·         If you are wondering about the committee’s work or why the standards look a certain way, please refer to the Math Standards Review Committee’s Guiding Assumptions (the state statutes and more that guide the committee’s work).

·         Math Standards Review Timeline 2021-22

o    Version 3 is due to the commissioner in late August, 2022

o    Rulemaking will start fall 2022 and run 18-24 months.

o    Our best guess (this may change) is that the 2022 math standards will be fully implemented during the 2027-28 school year.

A reminder – this is your LAST CHANCE to give the MN math standards review committee feedback.

·         You do not need to fill out the entire survey.  Answer only the questions you like.

·         Although we welcome any type of feedback, the committee would love actionable feedback.  For example.

o   My 3 favorite benchmarks are _________ (list the 3 digit codes).  Please keep these benchmarks.

o   Consider combining benchmarks #______ and #_______.

o   I would eliminate benchmarks _________ (vs just saying there are too many….what would you like to see eliminated?)

·         We love feedback from teachers, leaders, parents, students, community members…everyone.

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 4:57 PM <cst...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Sarah Carter <sarah.c...@gmail.com>: May 16 11:34AM -0700

*Version 2 of the 2022 Math Standards and Benchmarks is available for
public feedback!*

The Minnesota Math Standards Committee would love the public’s feedback on
Version 2 of their work. ...more