CSTA-MN Sept meeting recap and future meeting time survey

Andrea Wilson Vazquez

Sep 27, 2022, 5:31:12 PM9/27/22
to CSTAMN
Hi everyone!

Hope your week is off to a smooth start --

We had a great September CSTA-MN virtual meeting last week - thank you so much to those who attended! The following is a quick recap:

We collaborated around: What it means to be a CS teacher -- noting that anyone who is interested in CS education is welcome to attend our meetings!
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 5.37.00 PM.png

We Shared Nifty Activities: Thanks to the following educators who shared fun and engaging activities to kick off the school year at each grade band:
  • Elem: Liz Walsh
  • Middle School: Ashley Goetz
  • High School: Kaitie O’Bryan
We will work with each contributor to add their Nifty Activities to our NEW CSTA-MN Virtual Community Library space - stay tuned!

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 1.43.41 PM.png

We crowdsourced some next steps -- please take a look at the following and share your perspectives!
  • Take this survey to let us know about your preference for future meeting schedules & sign up to share a Nifty Activity
  • Participation Goal for Oct Meeting - help us to boost our attendance for our October meeting! Verbiage below  ----
  • Interim Leadership - let us know via the linked form by Sept. 30th if you'd be interested in helping out with our Chapter!
  • Stay tuned for information about a November CSTA-MN Member Appreciation event with prizes! More info to come!
Thanks for all you do -- we'll be in touch later this week with an October meeting date!

All the best,
Andrea and Kate
CSTA-MN Interim Co-Chairs

Help to spread the word! Here is some verbiage you can share with a colleague to invite them to a future meeting:

Hello ______! I am a part of CSTA-MN and appreciate the group because it helps me to stay connected with other CS educators in MN (and beyond)! Would you be interested in attending a meeting in the future? Sign up for CSTA-MN at https://minnesota.csteachers.org/  to be notified about upcoming meetings and events! We can attend together!