ISO: Short term Sub

Madeline Burton

Dec 28, 2022, 6:07:25 PM12/28/22
to cst...@googlegroups.com
Hello wonderful CS teachers!

I am on a bit of a wild goose chase with a short deadline, and am hoping that you may be able to help me. I am a CS department chair at Blake, and my middle school teacher needs to go on short term leave immediately. We are searching for someone who would like to teach middle school CS for the month of January. Know a recently retired teacher who regrets this decision? Now is the moment to make their return! (Perhaps just long enough to remember how much they love retirement!)

We teach three different courses of code.org CSD (each course a different unit), all of which will be returning from break to begin their respective final projects for two weeks. Mid January the courses will end, and new groups will begin. To make the position easier, we are planning to run a single unit in all courses so that the substitute will only have one prep for the remainder of the month. I will be available to co-teach or support the course most afternoons if needed.

If you know someone, or you yourself would be interested please reach out via email to me directly: mbu...@blakeschool.org

My hope is to have someone locked in by the end of the week so that we can focus on making sure they feel good with the content over the weekend.

Happy new year to you all,
Madeline Burton

--

photo