Survey for potential CS professional development opportunities

Anthony Varghese

Apr 28, 2023, 12:02:11 PM4/28/23
to CSTAMN
Dear CS educators in Minnesota,
 I teach Computer Science at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls and a number of us in western Wisconsin including UW-Stout and UW-Eau Claire are trying to figure out how to help teachers strengthen CS education in high schools in eastern MN and western WI.
 We are planning on submitting a proposal to the National Science Foundation for a grant to provide Research Experiences to high school teachers like yourself. The idea is to invite you to campus in the summers so that you can learn about research and then help you create modules you can use to teach Computer Science topics to your students. NSF would provide funding for the teacher stipends.
 To write the grant proposal, we need to get a sense of what you may be doing already, what you would like to do, what problems you may be running into, and how we could best help you achieve your goals in Computer Science education. Your input will determine how our grant will be written - we want to do what will best support you!
 So please take this 10-minute survey: https://forms.gle/NnZiGiiH6duVErTP7. Your response will allow us to focus on how we could help.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Best wishes,
Anthony VargheseProfessor and Chair of the Dept. of Computer, Information, and Data SciencesCollege of Arts and Sciences, UWRF, 410 So. Third St, River Falls, WI 54022, USA