Scratch Camps - For Educators

Elizabeth Walsh

May 23, 2023, 1:30:58 PM5/23/23
to CSTAMN
Hello CSTA-MN!

This summer Code Savvy is hosting two professional development sessions for educators who are interested in gaining technical skills in Scratch as well as different strategies for integrating Scratch into academic content. Below is more information about our beginner and intermediate camps!

June 20th to June 22nd
9 AM - 12 PM
This virtual 3-day workshop is perfect for educators who are new to computer science and Scratch programming. Our sessions will guide participants through the fundamentals of Scratch, strategies for integration, equitable teaching practices, and provide tools and resources for encouraging students to create, collaborate, and problem-solve with computer science. No previous experience is required, and the session is open to all educators!

June 26th to June 28th
9AM -12PM
This virtual 3-day workshop is designed for educators who want to enhance their skills in Scratch programming. Throughout the sessions, we will explore advanced concepts in Scratch such as lists, inputs, and variables. We will also provide resources and tools for teaching and integrating Scratch into academic content. Participants are recommended to have a basic understanding of Scratch for this session.

Please reach out to me directly with any questions you may have!

Best,

Liz Walsh